LHOP is the community advocate and resource center for affordable housing ideas, insights and solutions. With the mission of increasing the availability of quality fair and affordable housing in Lancaster County, LHOP provides information to the general public, feedback to legislative bodies, and consulting services and technical assistance to non-profit and for-profit developers, as well as municipalities.
- High School Scholarships
- Planning & Zoning Assistance
- Identifying Funding Sources
- Identifying Development Incentives
- Housing Development Finance Technical Assistance
- Letters of Project Support
- Review, Analysis and Comment of state, federal and local legislation
In an effort to better serve the County, LHOP collaborates on national, state and local initiatives to sustain and/or create favorable regulatory conditions and dedicated funding sources for the production and preservation of affordable housing on the local level.
Understanding the relationship between policy, funding and production, LHOP also works to implement state-wide and local legislation and ordinances to encourage affordable housing production.
Work on advocacy and community outreach is coordinated by the Executive Director and Community Outreach Committee.
Past and/or Recent Activities:
- Lancaster County Housing Summits
- Legislative Forums
- Housing Affordability Task Force (model land use regulations)
- Coalition for Sustainable Housing
- Opinion-Editorial writing
- Public TV service announcement videos
- Developer roundtable discussions
- Partner in the Lancaster County Coalition to End Homelessness
- Member of Pennsylvania Housing Alliance