Homebuyer Education Program
Classes help to prepare participants for the home buying proces and the responsibilities of homeownership. Approximately 8,500 perspective homebuyers have completed the course.
Our Homebuyer Course is eight hours long and is offered as either a one day class held on Saturdays or a three day class held during the week. Morning and evening classes are offered for the weekday course.
Our Education Classes Help You:
- Determine if you are ready to buy
- Evaluate your personal credit history
- Know what to expect at closing
- Develop a budget and savings plan
- Plan for life as a home owner
- Decide how much you can afford to pay
Home Buyer Course Benefits
- Preparation for financial decisions and obligations that come with buying and owning a home
- Know what to expect from real estate agents, lenders and other professionals involved in the home buying process
- Meet lenders' training requirements to qualify for special mortgage products
LHOP provides certified classroom training and instruction in both English and Spanish. There is a non-refundable $15.00 tuition fee for the course.