Our class helps to prepare participants for the home buying process and the responsibilities of homeownership. Approximately 9,000 perspective home buyers have completed the course.
Our Home buyer Course is eight hours and is offered as either a one day class held on Saturdays or a three day class held during the week. Evening sessions are offered for the weekday course. The Course is certified by HUD, FHA and PHFA and can be taken in conjunction with VA, USDA and various local mortgage assistance programs.
Our Home Buyer Course Will Help You:
- Determine if you are ready to buy
- Evaluate your personal credit history
- Know what to expect at closing
- Develop a budget and savings plan
- Plan for life as a home owner
- Decide how much you can afford to pay Click here for class schedule
- Preparation for financial decisions and obligations that come with buying and owning a home
- Know what to expect from real estate agents, lenders and other professionals involved in the home buying process
- Meet lenders’ training requirements to qualify for special mortgage products
LHOP provides this certified classroom training and instruction in both English and Spanish. There is a non-refundable $25.00 tuition fee for the course. Veterans fee will be waived, If registering online use coupon code VET and provide your DD214 .
You may also provide your Military ID at the time of the Home Buyer Course.