Overview of Program
York Home Ownership Center Overview of Program
Helping first time Homebuyers
LHOP makes the dream of homeownership in York County more attainable and affordable for first time homebuyers through education and financial assistance.
Homebuyer Down Payment Assistance
Eligible first-time homebuyers, looking to purchase within York City or York County, may qualify for a closing cost and down payment assistance loan through York Homebuyer Assistance Program (YHAP).
YHAP Loan Application Guidelines & Documents
LHOP Home Ownership Center Home Buyer Course
Our class helps to prepare participants for the home buying process and the responsibilities of homeownership. Approximately 9,000 prospective home buyers have completed the course.
Our Home buyer Course is eight hours and is offered as either a one-day class held on Saturdays or a three-day class held during the week. Evening sessions are offered for the weekday course. The Course is certified by HUD, FHA and PHFA and can be taken in conjunction with VA, USDA and various local mortgage assistance programs.
Our Homebuyer Course Will Help You:
- Determine if you are ready to buy
- Evaluate your personal credit history
- Know what to expect at closing
- Develop a budget and savings plan
- Plan for life as a home owner
- Decide how much you can afford to pay
- Preparation for financial decisions and obligations that come with buying and owning a home
- Know what to expect from real estate agents, lenders and other professionals involved in the home buying process
- Meet lenders’ training requirements to qualify for special mortgage products
LHOP provides this certified classroom training and instruction in both English and Spanish. There is a non-refundable $25.00 tuition fee for the course. Veterans fee will be waived, if registering online use coupon code VET and provide your DD214.
You may also provide your Military ID at the time of the Home Buyer Course.
This no cost counseling program is geared to assist individuals seeking information on how to purchase a home
You will learn the steps to achieving the “homeownership dream”. Topics discussed are….
- Understanding the home-buying process and lender requirements
- Understanding mortgage loan products
- Assessing your readiness to buy a home, including a credit and budget review
- How to develop a personal step-by-step action plan, with periodic progress reviews
- Prepare for closing
Get started TODAY on the steps to Homeownership by scheduling an appointment with one of our counselors.
Our offices are located at 116 N George St, York, PA 17401. We are currently open from Monday-Friday 8:30am-5:00pm. Office: 717-827-4334 Fax: 717-814-5987. Contact info: All email and documents are to be sent to email@example.com.