The Local Housing Investment Fund and Trust (LHIFT) is a revolving loan fund administered by LHOP that is available within the eight county region of south central Pennsylvania (Adams, Cumberland, Dauphin, Franklin, Lancaster, Lebanon, Perry and York).
By providing flexible, below market rate loans for affordable housing and mixed-use and/or mixed-income projects, LHOP makes housing for rental and homeownership affordable to low to moderate income families in south central PA. The following types of loans are available:
Up-front financing for one or more of the following activities related to the production of affordable housing and mixed-income and/or mixed-use projects:
- Site control and/or acquisition
- Preliminary feasibility analysis (ex. environmental and historical assessments, surveying)
- Engineering and design work
- Obtaining land use and/or development approvals
- Purchase and/or rehabilitation and renovation costs of affordable homes for sale or rent.
- Preservation of affordable housing through the improvement of safety and living conditions in existing affordable housing, mixed use and/or mixed income properties.
- Hard and soft construction costs of new or the rehabilitation of buildings into affordable homes for sale or rent.
Affordable Units in Mixed-Income Developments
- Apartments or for sale housing set-aside for low to moderate income residents within market rate developments may receive special financing